Local Mini-Mission "Trip"
Time & Location
We are excited to be planning a LOCAL mini-mission "trip" for this summer! Taking place over three days (July 22-24th), our "trip" will include volunteering at local service organizations, time for hanging out, a cookout, an evening program, and even some quality pool time! By filling out this form we are assuming you are 100% ready and available to participate in this event! All communication with youth participants will be through the parents: please check your email and forward information to your child as needed. Full details will be forthcoming, but here are a few things you should know:
- COVID protocols like mask wearing, hand washing, limited indoor time, will be followed.
- Our program will run July 22-24 from 9am to 9pm each day, and will be entirely LOCAL (the furthest we may go for a service site is Aurora, IL)
- Youth will be sleeping at home, and will need to be dropped off at 9am and picked up at 9pm (at church) (if you need a carpool, we can figure something out)
- On Wednesday, July 21st from 7:00pm-9:00pm we will have a youth orientation & kick off at church (students only)
- Youth are expected to eat breakfast before arriving promptly at 9am each day (we will depart for our service sites after a quick devotional), and should PACK A BAG LUNCH to eat at their service site. (Dinner each night will be provided by church)
- Youth may invite no more than 1 friend from outside of St. John.
- Registration deadline is Wednesday, July 14th. (if you sign up after this date you may not get a t-shirt)
- The total cost of this event is $50. Payment (check or cash) in the amount of $50 is due at the time you fill out this form. Checks can be written to St. John Lutheran Church with "Youth Mission Trip 2021" written in the memo line; drop off deposits in our church office. DO NOT PUT YOUR PAYMENT IN THE OFFERING PLATE. Scholarships available, contact Pastor Evan for details. tel:(262)366-3132
- More questions? Contact Pastor Evan: email@example.com or Pam in the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org